Perfect Science - 1
Perfect Science is a series of eight books from Grade 1 to Grade 8. The series is especially designed to fulfil the requirements of schools following the syllabus prescribed by NCERT. It conforms to the vision of the National Curriculum Framework.
The scientific skills developed and encouraged in children by the activities in these books include communication, observation, estimation, cause and effect, investigation, critical analysis and evaluation.
Salient Features of Perfect Science for Classes 1 and 2:
- The books are written in a simple and easy to understand language.
- Text is supported by visually attractive and self-explanatory illustrations and images.
- The objectives of the lesson are given in Let’s Learn About in the beginning.
- A variety of activities are included in Activity Time to nurture and develop the investigation and experimentation skills in children.
- Additional information and factoids are given in Know More to stimulate the thirst for knowledge.
- Questions based on thinking skills are given in Let’s Discuss to build thinking skills in children.
- In-text exercises are given in Take a Break to help children recall and review the concepts learnt.
- Definitions of important terms are included in Know These Terms at the end of each lesson.
- Quick Recall at the end of each lesson consolidates the key concepts for easy recall.
- A wide variety of exercises like fill in the blanks, true or false, match the columns, multiple choice questions, complete the statements and many more are included in Exercise Time.
- Time to Think includes questions based on thinking skills to promote critical and analytical thinking in children.
- Talk About includes questions based on values and life skills.
- Link and Learn includes questions to help students link science with other subjects.
- Fun Time includes various activities to make learning interesting and fun.
- Science Fun given at the end of each lesson includes a variety of hands-on activities, projects and computer activities under the sections Do It Yourself, Project Time and Computer Task.
- Assessment sheets are given in Let’s Review to assess the concepts learnt by the children.
- The units given in the books start with interesting and engaging stories.
About the Editor:
Esha Bakhshi Shaunik is an Educational Consultant for Teachers' Professional Development Programmes, School Academic Audits and Life Skills. She conducts Teachers' Training Sessions in schools in Delhi and other cities. She has a teaching experience of 35 years in primary and secondary levels in various prestigious schools of Delhi including The Shriram School and G D Goenka Public School (Vasant Kunj). Her endeavour focuses on encouraging an integrated learning environment and a hands-on learning experience.